Coffee Bag Design Contest
Consent and Release for Promotional Uses
By signing below, I grant The Humber College Institute of Technology and Advanced Learning (“Humber”), and its authorized agents, a perpetual, worldwide, royalty-free licence to use my name, photos, and/or audio, video, written testimonial, digital recordings, or other (collectively “my name”), solely to identify myself as a contest winner for the “Humber Student Satisfaction Survey”.
Humber may edit or annotate my name without restriction and I waive any right to review or approve the finished copy or use.
I reserve the right to revoke my consent to Humber’s future use of my name for the above purposes at any time by contacting those identified below, and agree that any revocation will not apply to already published promotional or advertising materials.
I certify that I meet the eligibility requirements of the contest as set out in the attached, and I acknowledge that I have read and understand the contents of this Consent and Release pursuant to Ontario’s Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act, I consent to the collection of my personal information in the form of my name and photo by Humber, its employees, agents and representatives to be used for the purposes and disclosed to third parties as described above.
The Humber College Institute of Technology and Advanced Learning
416-675-6622 ext. 4919
First name Last name
By checking this box I consent to use of my name and/or image on Humber Social Media sites as it is written above
By checking this box I consent to use of my name and/or image on Humber College website and in Print as it is written above.
Phone or Cell #
Student ID #
Signature of parent/legal guardian (if participant is under 18 years old)
Please sign here Print name Date
Please sign here Print name Date
YOU COULD WIN 1 OF 1 $300.00 1st place price OR 1 OF 1 $100.00 2nd place prize 5 $1000 VISA GIFT CARDS CONTEST
HUMBER COLLEGE “YOU COULD WIN 1 of 1 $300.00 1st place price OR 1 OF 1 $100.00 2nd place prize 5 $1,000 VISA GIFT CARDS” CONTEST RULES
1. HOW TO ENTER: No purchase required. The Humber College You Could Win 1 of 1 $300.00 1st place price OR 1 OF 1 $100.00 2nd place prize 5 $1000 Visa Gift Cards Contest (“Contest”) begins at 12:01 am (ET) Monday, September 9, 2019 Monday, October 29, 2018 (“Contest Starting Date”) and closes at 11:59 p.m. Sunday, October 20, 2019 Monday, November 12, 2018 (“Contest Closing Date”). There is one way to enter: (A) by completing and original design within the dimensions of 3 inches wide and 6 inches tall; to be submitted into the contest you will need to submit your original design online at www.cafelinx.com you will need to insert your name, email address, daytime phone number and clicking “Submit”. by completing the Humber Student Satisfaction Survey (HSSS); to be submitted into the contest you will need to insert your name, email address, daytime telephone number and clicking “Submit”. Limit of one (1) entry per person will be accepted. All entries must be submitted no later than the Contest Closing Date. All entries become the property of Humber College (“Sponsor”) and will not be returned. Incomplete, illegible, late, altered, forged, defaced or garbled entries will be disqualified. Sponsor will not be responsible for entries lost, stolen, delayed, mutilated, or illegible. If an entrant is not of the age of majority at the time of entry, the entrant must have a parent or legal guardian's permission to enter the Contest and, if a prize winner, may require his/her parent or legal guardian to act on his/her behalf in regard to completing the Release (see rule 5 below) and in accepting a prize. All references to entrants and winners are deemed to include references to the parent or legal guardian in the event the entrant or winner is under the age of majority.
2. ELIGIBILITY: To be eligible to enter the Contest, an individual must be a student enrolled in a full-time or part time program from semester 1 through 6 at Humber College or Guelph-Humber in September 2019. Entrant must be a resident of Canada (excluding Quebec) and not be an employee of Sponsor, or any member of any such employee’s immediate family (regardless of where they live) or persons with whom they are domiciled.
3. PRIZES: There will be two prizes, consisting of one $300 Visa gift card (winner) and one $100 Visa gift card (second place) . The Pprizes will only be awarded to student(s) enrolled in a full-time program at Humber College or Guelph-Humber. Prizes must be accepted as awarded and cannot be transferred, substituted or redeemed for cash except at the sole discretion of Sponsor. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to substitute a prize or a component of a prize for a prize or a component of a prize of equal or greater value.
4. JUDGES PANEL: Entries will be judged by a panel of representatives from Cafe Linx and the Office of Sustainability on Monday, October 21, 2019; two final entries will be chosen from the panel of representatives. The final two entries will be subjected to a voting system of people’s choice via a google surveying system. Odds of winning depend on the total number of eligible entries received by the Contest Closing Date. Each selected entrant (“Winner”) will be contacted by email and/or telephone within ten (10) business days of the Judging Date. If a Winner cannot be reached by Monday, November 4, 2019 the Winner will be disqualified and another entrant will be randomly selected. Sponsor will not be responsible for failed attempts to contact a Winner.
5. SELECTED ENTRANT: In order to win, the Winner (and/or the Winner's parent or legal guardian, if the Winner is not of the age of majority) must: (1) comply with these official contest Rules (the "Rules"); (2), sign the Consent and Release for Promotional Uses provided by the Sponsor ) and (3) sign the Release confirming compliance with the Rules, acceptance of the prize as awarded and releasing Sponsor, its parents and affiliated corporations and advertising and promotional agents and their respective partners, directors, officers, employees and agents (as applicable) from any liability in connection with the prize or this Contest. In the event that a Winner (and/or the Winner's parent or legal guardian, if the Winner is not of the age of majority) does not satisfy the requirements to win a prize, he/she will be disqualified and will not receive a prize and another entrant will be selected for that prize and the selection process described above will be repeated until the prize has been awarded or there are no more qualified entrants. Sponsor will contact the Winner to discuss the awarding of the prize.
6. GENERAL CONDITIONS: By entering this Contest, entrants (and in the case of entrants under the age of majority, entrants' parents and/or legal guardians) agree to be bound by these Official Contest Rules. By accepting the prize, a Winner (and in the case of a Winner under the age of majority, a Winner's parent and/or legal guardian) gives his/her permission and consent to the use of his/her name, photograph, likeness and city of residence in any publicity carried out by or on behalf of Sponsor, in connection with the Contest without compensation and without limitation. The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws. The decisions of Sponsor are final. Sponsor accepts no responsibility for any loss, damages or claims arising from or caused by the Contest or the prizes awarded. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, terminate, suspend, withdraw or change the terms of this Contest at any time, at their sole discretion, without notice and without liability.
7. PRIVACY: Sponsor respects your right to privacy. Personal information collected from entrants will only be used by Sponsor to administer the Contest and, only if consent is given at the time of entry, to provide entrants with information regarding programs of interest. For more information regarding the manner of collection, use and disclosure of personal information by Sponsor, please refer to the Notification of Disclosure of Personal Information available at humber.ca/notification-disclosure-personal-information
8. NO LIABILITY: Sponsor will not be responsible for late, lost, illegible, incomplete, inaccurate or destroyed entries, and all such entries are void. Sponsor will not be liable for any failure of the Contest Website, does not assume any responsibility for incorrect or inaccurate capture of entry information, technical malfunctions, human or technical error, printing errors, lost, delayed or garbled data or transmissions, omission, interruption, deletion, defect or failures of any telephone or computer lines or networks, computer equipment, software or any combination thereof. Entries are subject to verification by the Sponsor. Sponsor, its advertising and promotional agencies, their employees, directors, officers, affiliates, agents and representatives are not liable for (a) late, lost, delayed, not received, damaged, misdirected, incomplete, stolen, fraudulent or illegible entries (all of which entries shall be automatically void and not eligible for a prize); (b) failure to receive entries due to transmission failures, busy signals, traffic congestion on the internet or at any website or technical failures of any kind, including, without limitation, malfunctioning of any network, servers, access providers, hardware or software, whether originating with sender or recipient, or (c) any injury or damage to entrant's or any other person's computer related to or resulting from participation or downloading any materials in this Contest and breaches of privacy due to interference by third party computer "hackers". Entry material/data not satisfying the entry requirements or that have been tampered with or altered are void. In the event it is determined that an entrant has entered in a fashion not sanctioned by these rules, the entrant will be disqualified and all of the entries submitted by the entrant will be disqualified.
9. AMENDING CONTEST: Sponsor reserves the right to terminate or suspend this Contest or to amend the Rules at any time and in any way, without prior notice. Without limiting the foregoing, if, for any reason, the Contest is not capable of running as originally planned, due to any reasons such as tampering or infection by computer virus, Sponsor reserves the right to terminate the Contest and conduct a random draw from all previously received eligible entries. Sponsor shall not be held responsible for any problems, errors or negligence that may arise or occur in connection with or resulting from the Contest or a prize including but not limited, to any damage to an entrant’s computer equipment, system, software or any combination thereof, as a result of the entrant’s participation in the Contest.